Village announces 'Benches' winners
Posted: Sept. 12, 2023
The Village announced the winners of the 2023 Benches on the Avenue public art project during the Sept. 9 Music in the Plaza concert in Downtown Tinley. This year's theme is “Industry, Invention and Progress” and showcases groundbreaking creations that have made a mark on the world and changed the way we live. Congratulations to all of the winners, which included:
- Best Portrayal of Theme: "Call Me Maybe" by Emma Kresal
- Most Creative: "Spaceflight" by Dante Dibartolo, Allen Jebens, Tom Liston, Bob Renaud, Neal Keselica and Terry Nugent
- Best 3D Bench: "It Takes a Village" by Nick and Jennifer Schulien
- Best Individual Artist: "Lets a Go!" by Matt Olson
- Best Group/Family Project: "The Evolution of Music" by the Grissom Middle School Art Club
- Best New Artist: "Connection" by Angela Marquez
The Village would like to thank this year's judges, which included Dave King of Hawaii Fluid Art; Carrie Piet of Fulton Elementary School; Andrae Marak from the Tinley Park Plan Commission; Jacquelen Krupko, an art teacher at Hellen Keller School; and staff from Zion Lutheran Church.
Many thanks also to all of this year's Benches on the Avenue artists for sharing their wonderful creations with the Tinley Park community.
It's not too late to see all of this year's awesome benches, which are out now through early October along Oak Park Avenue. Visit TinleyPark.org/Benches for more information, including this year’s Benches brochure.