Congrats to this year's 'Benches' winners
The Village announced the winners of its annual Benches on the Avenue public art program during Saturday's Music in the Plaza concert. Winners included:
- Best Portrayal of Theme: Nick and Jennifer Schulien (The Dog Walker's Day Off)
- Most Creative: Cody Heiden and Juan Lopez (Welcome to Borneo)
- Best 3D Bench: Tim O'Brien (Wednesday's Morning)
- Best Use of Materials: Dante DiBartolo, Allen Jebens, Tom Liston, Bob Renaud, Terry Nugent and Neal Keselica (Coral Reef: Colorful Ocean Home)
- Best Individual Artist: Nicole Simpson (I Like Birds)
- Best Group/Family Project: Angela Simpson and Mike Schultz and family (It Came from the Sea)
- Best New Artist: Tinley Park Public Library Teens (Woodland Reading Adventure)
- Judges' Choice: Samantha Cook and Marty Rose (Savannah Cats)
Many thanks to this year's Benches on the Avenue judges, which included Mary Kay Campbell (Tinley Park Chamber of Commerce), Deacon Ed Pluchar (St. Julie's Church), Sherrie Ordaz (previous Benches artist), Carol Friel (Memorial School) and Lisa Molloy (Crisis Center for South Suburbia).
Visit TinleyPark.org/Benches to learn more about this year's Benches on the Avenue and to watch videos of select participants.