Village takes measures to prevent COVID-19
The Village of Tinley Park has enacted measures to help combat the COVID-19 outbreak, including:
Tinley Park Village Hall (16250 S. Oak Park Ave.)
- Tinley Park Village Hall is closed to the public until further notice. All public meetings through April 7 have been canceled.
- Until further notice, the Village will not charge late fees or shut off water service to residents due to an inability to pay.
- Commuters who use permit parking, as well as commuters who would like to buy parking tokens, can continue to do so by visiting TinleyPark.org/Parking and filling out the appropriate forms. Commuters can send these forms, along with check or money order, to Village Hall. Alternately, commuters can deliver payment to Village Hall using the drop box (pictured), which is located to the left of the main doors as you are facing them.
- The Tinley Park Senior Center is closed until further notice.
- The Senior Bus service will only be available for medical reasons and grocery delivery. Bus service will be subject to driver availability.
Tinley Park Police Department (7850 W. 183rd St.)
- The Tinley Park Police Department has closed its lobby until further notice to help limit resident exposure to COVID-19. Residents who need to file a police report or receive information can call (708) 444-5300.
- The Village has received rumors of individuals going door-to-door claiming they can test residents for COVID-19. The Tinley Park Police Department has not received any calls regarding this matter; however, there is no such testing. Testing kits are limited, and only those who show symptoms are being tested. No testing is done door to door. Please call the Tinley Park Police Department immediately at (708) 444-5300 if this occurs.
- The State of Illinois has mandated the closure of all restaurants and bars until further notice. In-house delivery, third-party delivery, drive-through and curbside pickup will be allowed. Customers also may enter the premises to buy food or beverages, but establishments must ensure adequate social distancing for every patron.
- All programs, child care and the gymnasium at the Tinley Park Park District have been canceled/closed.
- Tinley Park Public Library is closed until further notice.
- All schools have been closed until further notice.
With so many people at home due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the Public Works Department would like to remind residents that only certain items should be flushed down the toilet. While toilet paper is perfectly flushable, other paper products and wipes should be thrown away with regular garbage, as they can cause sanitary sewer backups in the resident and/or Village sewer lines.Residents with questions can call the Public Works Department at (708) 444-5500.The Village has created a page on its website dedicated to COVID-19 information at TinleyPark.org/COVID-19. Visit here frequently for updates on safety tips, closings, cancellations, resources for residents and businesses, and other valuable information.