If you would like to sign up to receive not only the Tinley Park Messenger but also other general and emergency notifications, you will need to set up a managed account with our CodeRED system. To sign up, please follow the below steps.
- Visit the CodeRED website and make sure “YES, I would like to create a managed account” is selected.
- Create a Username and then type in a Password (you will need to type the latter in twice to confirm), then click the blue “Continue” button.
- On the next screen, type in your first and last names, as well as your full address, in the boxes provided. You can also select if your address is residential or business, and select the address name (home, second home, other, work 1 and work 2) from a dropdown menu.
- Type in your Phone Number in the box provided. If you want to receive text message alerts, this number needs to be a device that can receive texts (home landlines, for example, cannot). If you want to receive texts, select your Mobile Provider in the corresponding dropdown box and make sure the “Send text messages” box is checked. NOTE: If you are hearing impaired, be sure to check the “TDD/TTY” box.
- Check which notifications you want to receive. You will automatically receive Emergency Notifications (this box cannot be unchecked), but you may select “General Notifications,” as well as texts for tornados, severe thunderstorms and flash floods.
- If you want to receive alerts via email, click the blue “+Add Email” button and then type in your email address (you will need to do this twice to confirm).
- If you would like to sign up to receive the new Tinley Park Messenger, be sure to click “Tinley Park Messenger” beneath the Additional Notification field.
- After you’ve read the terms and conditions, click “I have read, understand and agree to the terms and conditions” and then the “Verify information” button at the bottom.
- If there are any errors, a box will appear letting you know what they are so you can correct them. If there aren’t any errors, click the “submit” to complete signup. If the system can’t find your address, a map will appear. Drag the little dot to the nearest place that corresponds to your address to fix this issue.
Tinley Park Messenger Call Transcripts
Call Sent: 4 p.m. April 9, 2021
Hello. This is the Tinley Park Messenger, bringing you Tinley Park news. If you’d like to opt-out of this new service, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (708) 444-5024 and we’ll be happy to remove you from our call list.
The Federal Trade Commission is offering tips on how to avoid COVID vaccine scams. Remember: You can’t pay to put your name on a list to get the vaccine, you can’t pay to get early access to the vaccine, and nobody legitimate will call, text or email you and ask for your Social Security, bank account or credit card number.
A company called Municipal Backflow has been calling residents and claiming they aren’t in compliance with the State’s law concerning irrigation backflow preventer or RPZ tests. The Village has an exclusive contract with Backflow Solutions Incorporated to administer the recertification process for RPZs and all official communication concerning recertification will be made by the Village or by them.
In a recent Trustee Talk article, Trustee Michael Mueller discussed a potential $300,000 incentive for a new 134-seat, tapas-style restaurant at the Boulevard at Central Station. The business owner will be investing approximately $1.9 million to build out the new restaurant concept and the Village will use the TIF increment generated by the overall development to provide $230,000 for TIF-eligible expenses and $70,000 in sales tax sharing over five years. Providing incentives to attract new businesses that have extraordinary costs is a common tool used in economic development by municipalities throughout the country, and the Village is offering the incentive to create additional vibrancy and synergy in Downtown Tinley to help our existing businesses continue to thrive.
The 2021-22 Tinley Park vehicle sticker is now on sale at Village Hall and the Police Department. Stickers are valid from May 1, 2021 to April 30, 2022, and the deadline to purchase and display them on vehicles is June 30.
The Village’s Veterans Banner Program is available to current and past residents of Tinley Park who have served or are serving in any branch of the military. Banners cost $150 each and are displayed in Veterans Plaza. Applications are due May 1. Learn more at TinleyPark.org.
For more information on any of these stories, please visit TinleyPark.org. Remember, if you would like to opt-out of this new service, or if you’d like to sign someone up to receive future calls, please email email@example.com or call (708) 444-5024 and leave your full name and phone number. Thanks for listening, and have a great day!
Call Sent: 4 p.m. April 7, 2021
Hello. The Village of Tinley Park is pleased to offer the new Tinley Park Messenger, a phone-based news delivery service. Calls will go out about every two weeks that contain short summaries of top news across the village. Your name and phone number were automatically added to this call list based your application to receive a senior discount on your vehicle sticker. If you would like to opt-out of this new service, or if you know someone who would like to be added to our call list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (708) 444-5024 and leave your name and phone number. Otherwise, you can expect a call later this week. Thanks and have a great day.