Click to Home
Go To Search
Residential Building Permits
Whether you’ve just built a new home or moved into an older home, the day may come when you desire to add to or improve your property. When this time comes, the question always arises … Do I need a permit?

And, of course, our answer is that you should check with the Building Department. Our Building Code specifically states that, “A permit shall be obtained before beginning construction, alteration, or repair …,” and this covers just about everything. However, for your own protection and best interest, it is always a good rule to check with the Building Department.


Gene C. Lode
Plumbing Inspector
Mike Chambers
Electrical Inspector
Contact Us

Building Department

16250 S. Oak Park Ave.
Tinley Park, IL 60477
Phone: (708) 444-5100
Fax: (708) 444-5199

Mondays through Fridays
8:30 a.m. to  5 p.m.

Additional Resources