Brad L. Bettenhausen
16250 S. Oak Park Avenue
Ph: (708) 444-5000
Fx: (708) 444-5099
Monday - Friday
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Finance Department is responsible to the mayor and Village Board for the sound fiscal management and integrity of the accounting system in the administration, development and monitoring of the operating and capital budgets. The Finance Department represents the financial backbone of the Village operations. Virtually everything the Village does involves the Finance Department at some point in time.
The department is also here to assist the public and citizen groups with information requests and to make recommendations to the Village Manager, Mayor and Village Board on financial and budgetary policies.
Administrative Support Services
The Finance Department provides administrative support services to other Village departments in the following areas:
- Accounting - Collection of Village funds; investing Village funds; maintaining financial records of transactions; safeguarding Village assets; developing and maintaining sound financial management information systems, policies and practices; budget preparation and administration; grant administration and oversight; accounts payable processing; payroll processing and administration and oversight of locally imposed taxes and fees
- Annual reports - Budgets; comprehensive annual financial reports (CAFRs or annual audit); annual financial reports (AFR); tax increment financing (TIF) reporting and the annual Treasurer's Report
- Customer service - Processing all electronic payments through EZ-Pay (utility billing automatic payment); overseeing electronic funds transfers and credit card payment processing
- Debt administration - Providing for the timely payment of Village’s outstanding bonds; preparation of information and reporting required for bond rating firms; preparation and filing of required debt disclosures
- Information technology - Maintenance of Village network connectivity both internally and externally including related hardware and software; providing support to all departments regarding hardware, software and connectivity
- Reporting - Monthly reporting to the Village Board, Tinley Park Public Library and Tinley Park Police Pension Fund
The Village Treasurer is also the custodian for the assets of the Tinley Park Police Pension Fund. In this role, the Finance Department processes all payments for the fund, maintains record of all financial transactions and prepares all required financial reporting.