Since 1980, the Economic and Commercial Commission (ECC) has worked with the Mayor and Board of Trustees to encourage well-planned economic development that broadens the tax base and enhances the quality of life in Tinley Park. The commission members and associates promote and recommend effective programs in economic development finance, marketing, business retention and real estate maximization.
The Economic and Commercial Commission structures sound economic and commercial development policies, as well as recommends the required research and inventory of resources necessary to the preparation of industrial profiles for distribution to prospective employers considering expansion or location in the Tinley Park area. The commission makes its findings and recommendations, as appropriate, to the Village President and Board of Trustees, as well as other governmental agencies, upon direction.
Goals and Objectives
- Support the Village of Tinley Park’s obligation to maintain and improve the quality of life for the community while encouraging targeted industrial, commercial and service industries to thrive in Tinley Park.
- Leverage the expertise and networks of the commissioners to retain and expand the economic base in Tinley Park by having all commissioners serve on a committee of their liking.
- Develop a program to communicate with existing businesses to identify their specific needs and support them to fill those needs within the Village of Tinley Park. Business breakfasts, annual visits, newsletters, surveys, etc. could be used as vehicles to make the communication fluid between the existing businesses and the Village staff.
- Recommend and review marketing promotional materials and make suggestions to staff to maximize impact on attracting and retaining businesses in Tinley Park. Evaluate and participate in selected events that will promote Tinley Park to targeted businesses and interests.
- Review, evaluate and make recommendations on incentive packages to attract new businesses and to retain existing businesses. Manage the approved budget of the ECC.
- Recommend direction on inventory and vacant property for potential businesses to relocate or expand within Tinley Park.
- Coordinate economic development efforts with regional economic development organizations and the Tinley Park Chamber of Commerce.
Meetings are held at 6:30 pm. the second Monday of the month in the Fulton Conference Room at Tinley Park Village Hall, 16250 S. Oak Park Ave. Agendas, minutes and meeting presentations are posted on the Village website.